Posted on December 03 2020
Only a few days left until Christmas and you are still looking for great presents? Here you will find creative inspiration for gifts of a rather special kind.
This year's holidays will be different than we are used to. The time of coming together is massively affected by the current situation and we are all forced to keep distance from each other. And yet the most beautiful time of the year must not fall completely into the water. We offer you some ideas for creative X-Mas presents, with which you are guaranteed to put a smile on the faces of the presentee and do something good right away.
Do It Yourself!
Gifts don't always have to be bought, they can simply be made by yourself – it's often cheaper and in most cases totally well received. Below we show you a few gifts that are very easy to make yourself:
- Jute bags: Fabric bags are the perfect alternative to plastic bags and accompany you through your everyday life without leaving behind garbage. To make one yourself, it doesn't take much more than fabric (e.g. old curtain), yarn and a sewing machine. The bag can be individually designed with waterproof colours. In the internet you can find various instructions.
- Photo album: Thousands of photos that get dusty on your smartphone and are hardly ever viewed again. That doesn't have to be! Create a photo book for your best friend that relives those beautiful memories. Especially after a trip together, this idea is great for capturing unforgettable moments forever. Various tools can be found in the internet.
- Agenda: A personalised agenda for your office buddy? Totally cool and super easy to make. All you need is an empty notebook that you can customise with your creativity. You can add photos, quotes or drawings to the agenda to add a personal touch to the calendar.
- Homemade jam: Self-made tastes best. Get regional and seasonal fruits like strawberries or apricots and the few ingredients you have at home anyway and create your own jam. With the right instructions (you can also find them online) you can make a homemade and always popular gift for your loved ones.
Time is not something you just have, you take it
Great gifts do not necessarily have to be material. It is usually the small gestures that have the greatest effect. We live in a busy world, everyone is involved somewhere, on the road a lot and rarely really comes to rest. But you do need a break from time to time to reflect on what is really important in life. Time is a limited and therefore one of the most valuable goods and must be used very conscientiously. Let an old friendship or relationship come alive again by reserving some of your precious time for someone important in your life. The following activities are just a few of the thousands of ideas that will ensure plenty of fun, whether you are a couple or a group.
- Games evening: Whether it's Monopoly, Scrabble or card games – the choice of great games is huge. The fun factor is guaranteed!
- Movie night: Film lovers will surely be delighted if you give them an evening to show you all their favourite films. Or you can watch an exciting documentary or a rousing series together.
- Making music: Have you once learned to play an instrument or even been in a band? Then maybe now is the perfect moment to refresh your musical skills!
- Cooking: Whether in pairs or in a group – cooking expands your culinary sense and, if all goes well, you might end up with a real feast that you can enjoy with a glass of wine.
- Coffee get-together: When good friends gradually lose sight of each other, there's nothing better than to consciously take the time to meet for a coffee or a beer and just to talk about what's going on in your lives, to revel in old times or to launch new joint projects for the future.
An animal sponsorship
With this gift you will not only delight animal lovers, but also offer a perspective to our animal friends. There are various organisations that are actively involved in projects that aim to improve and maintain the welfare of native animals or even in distant regions of the world. With a sponsorship, on the one hand, individual endangered animals, entire animal species or entire habitats can be protected and preserved. On the internet, under the keyword "animal sponsorship", you will find various local or globally active projects which thank you for your contribution.
A tree sponsorship
Speaking of sponsorships: you can also give away a tree sponsorship! A sponsorship makes an important contribution to the biodiversity of the forest and helps to compensate the forest owners fairly for not using the trees. There are also many different projects and ways of helping. Sponsorships can be acquired for new or existing trees, for which one often receives a personal certificate.
It is even easier and more effective if you donate any number of trees in the name of your loved ones, which are then planted worldwide in places where they have previously disappeared for various reasons such as the timber industry or natural events such as forest fires. We recommend our tree planting partner OneTreePlanted.
A great Christmas present from NIKIN?
As you know, together with OneTreePlanted we plant a tree for every product sold. With the order we also send a personal tree certificate made of tree-free paper, which confirms that a tree is really to be planted in the name of the presentee.
As every year before Christmas, we offer some inspirations for sustainable and beautiful Christmas gifts in the form of various selected Combos. And indeed, you will definitely find a cool combo for every taste. With the Winter/Outdoor Combo you will give all active outdoor fans a great deal of pleasure. For those who prefer to take it easy and relax at home, the Cozy Combo or Stay Home Combo is the perfect choice. For friends with family and children, the Family Combo or Kids Combo is the answer. On the occasion of the release of the X-Mas Collection, you will receive a TreeJama top and bottom of your choice in a special offer with the X-Mas Release Combo. Do you have trouble choosing and enjoy being surprised? The Surprise Gift Box is a compilation of different products from our assortment, which can be put together as you like. As an alternative you can also give away NIKIN gift cards, on which you can save 10% for a short time.