At NIKIN, we have been working since 2016 for a greener world and try to live up to oure convictions put into practice. Today our our team a a little bit out of the sewing box and share our green tips with you. Don't worry: We're not talking about complicated processes, but simplee things we do anyway - but with an added twist.
In the kitchen:
- Boil water in the kettle first and then empty it into the saucepan to save energy. Boiling with a lid can additionally keep the heat better.
- Use refill bottles instead of PET and need Tupperwares and silicone sheets or beeswax wipes to reduce waste.
- Keyword waste: please separate correctly - gives extra karma points!
- Shopping is also sustainable: with reusable veggie bags.
NIKIN Super tip: Occasionally store in unpackaged stores. This is not only sustainable, but also a little adventure.
Image: Tupper Party!
- Always think about seasonal vegetables and fruits. This not only tastes better, but also protects the environment because it does not have to be imported from faraway countries.
- Of course, organic products are also among our tips. With this label you can be sure that no artificial fertilizers and pesticides get into your plate.
- Try consuming meat more mindfully.
NIKIN Super Tip: Avoid foodwaste by creating a meal plan and eating leftovers the next day.
Image: Fresh and colorful - that's how it should be.
In the closet:
- Here, too, conscious consumption is the key: avoid impulse purchases and think carefully about what you really need.
- Pay attention to the material: fabrics like organic cotton and Tencel are more environmentally friendly than synthetic fabrics.
- Secondhand clothing is a great alternative. Here you can find great parts at fair prices and do something for the environment at the same time.
- Wash your clothes at 30 degrees and use eco-stripes.
NIKIN Super Tip: You can make rags out of old T-shirts, for example, and thus avoid waste.
Image: (Almost) Nothing beats an extensive Flohmi round.
- When it comes to cosmetics, think about animal-friendly and vegan products. You can recognize them by the labels on the package inserts.
- For girls: Reusable pads and cups are a sustainable alternative to pads and tampons. It takes some time to get used to, but it reduces waste and is easy on your body.
- When showering, you can save water tremendously by turning off the water when you soap up.
NIKIN Super Tip: Try solid shampoo to avoid plastic packaging.
Image: Natural cosmetics are on the rise - and we're happy about that.
- Borrow things you only need 1-2 times from friends: Whether it's a dress for a party or a new drill for a DIY project, we often only need things for a short period of time.
- Devices that are not in use still consume electricity. Therefore, you should remember to unplug or completely disconnect these devices from the mains when you do not need them.
- Gift giving is a wonderful thing, but the packaging material can quickly lead to a waste of resources. Meanwhile, there are ecological or recyclable options for this as well.
- NIKIN super tip: Gifts can bring joy, but often remain only briefly in the memory. Instead, simply give the gift of time together, a special experience, or if it should be something more formal, a donation. In this way, you can make a positive difference together and create lasting memories.
We all know that it is important to protect the environment. Do you have any tips for us? We look forward to your input.